Manage episode 258705184 series 2542599
This is Lead with Levity Snuggie Edition, and I'm your host, Dr. Heather Walker. If you spent the last few weeks in your underpants, then you're in good company. This episode is for you.
Today we spotlight a CEO who leads with levity, Mr. Papa Bear himself, Matt Barnett. Matt runs an up-and- coming customer engagement platform called Bonjoro. They have an unconventional culture that includes full body bear suits and family friendly activities. In this interview, we discuss:
- Matt's philosophy on work
- How Bonjoro got started
- How he gets professionals to wear bear suits
- Bonjoro's onboarding process
- Remote work in the land of Bonjoro
Key takeaways include:
- Leaders should actively participate in the fun with their teams to show them that it's okay to have fun.
- We need to treat people as whole people--they have lives and a whole world going on outside of the workplace.
- I love that Matt has a Chief Delight Officer to monitor and facilitate customer delight and employee engagement.
- Always be on the lookout for people who you'd like to employ even if you aren't hiring currently. Nurture your talent pipeline.