Manage episode 249554521 series 2183132
Rob looks in depth at the qualities of 2 great managers whose teams faced each other in the Champions League final - Jurgen Klopp and Mauricio Pochettino. The events that led to Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspurs facing each other were phenomenal examples of belief.
Both managers share passion, authenticity, humility and vulnerability which makes them attractive to others.
It’s all about that feeling, it’s not about logic it’s about emotion, we do things because of emotion, we buy things for the emotion and we do things emotionally.
It’s why football, sport and life are all so amazing it’s all driven by and is about the emotion.
Creating your inner citadel is key and filling it is a vital part of your emotional well-being and Rob discusses not only how to create your fortress of fortitude but how you can develop habits and behaviours that will keep it filled in this absorbing episode.
- When you are who you are, you are vulnerable because you are allowing people to see the real you.
- It is the openness, vulnerability and humility that is attractive to others.
- To have humility you have to have a self-image that is made of iron and is built on stern solid stuff and the fundamentals have to be in place.
- Whatever you are trying to achieve knowing who you are is vital and you have to be vulnerable enough to let others see the real you.
- Life isn’t all about the success it’s all about the unseen, unnoticed work that began years ago that enables the public success.
- What do you have to draw on?
- This is a time to celebrate but there are many mundane or challenging days for all of us.
- There may be things that seem insurmountable or uncertainty
- Stoicism – it’s all about creating and filling the fortress of fortitude often called your inner citadel.
- No one can get into your inner fortress and take what you have there but have you stocked it properly in the good times?
- Have you created the right habits? It’s not about the challenges it’s knowing that you have filled your inner citadel to help you move onward.
- Hopefully, the Leader Manger Coach podcast has helped to fill your inner citadel and build the fortitude you need.
‘Jurgen Klopp and Mauricio Pochettino are great examples of humility and vulnerability’
‘It makes you even more attractive because the world is full of people that do not how who they really are’
‘This is the stuff that isn’t sexy or on the stage its all the stuff that needs to happen and goes on behind the scenes’
‘Have you formed relationships that mean that people will be there in more challenging times?’
ABOUT THE HOST
Rob Ryles is a UEFA A licensed coach with a League Managers Association qualification and a science and medicine background. He has worked in the football industry in Europe, USA and Africa; at International, Premiership, League, Non-League and grassroots levels with both World Cup and European Championship experience.
Rob Ryles prides himself on having a forward-thinking and progressive approach to the game built through his own experience as well as lessons learned from a number of highly successful managers and coaches.
The Leader Manager Coach Podcast is where we take a deep dive examining knowledge, philosophies, wisdom and insight to help you lead, manage and coach in football, sport and life.