Manage episode 276866468 series 1312800
Testimonials, endorsements, and more. Whatever form it takes, you know that being able to share your customers’ success from purchasing your product or online course is one of the most powerful ways to drive sales, especially during year-end promotions.
But the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) actually has quite a few guidelines about how your customers’ words and experiences can be presented as you market your business, and if you don’t follow them, the penalties could be steep.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- Who needs to comply with FTC regulations
- What the penalties could be if you don’t comply
- What you can and cannot include in testimonials or other social proof
- Everything you need to know about using experts or celebrities to promote your product
- The specific language you need to use in your disclaimers (fair warning: you’re not going to like it!)
- Whether or not you should add an earnings disclaimer on your website and what it should say
BONUS: If you’re starting something new, or this episode has spotlighted areas of your business that have you worried, now is a great time to make sure your business is in good shape legally. Download our free legal checklist to make sure your business has a strong legal foundation at www.awbfirm.com/podcast164!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
This podcast is information, not legal advice specific to your situation.