Manage episode 281652031 series 2137788
We have some strong opinions about the state of openSUSE Tumbleweed. We've secretly been running it for the past week, and share our experience.
Plus Microsoft's path to dominating the Linux desktop becomes clear.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- A Cloud Guru: Hundreds of courses, thousands of hands-on labs.
- bucklespring — This project emulates the sound of my old faithful IBM Model-M space saver bucklespring keyboard.
- Valve’s Steam Data For December Points To A Huge Dip For Linux Gaming Marketshare
- Valve Revises Steam’s December 2020 Linux Marketshare To 0.74% — Valve has updated their numbers and point to Linux still regressing percentage-wise but not as bad as originally reported.
- Linus Torvalds On The Importance Of ECC RAM, Calls Out Intel’s “Bad Policies” Over ECC — "The arguments against ECC were always complete and utter garbage... Now even the memory manufacturers are starting to do ECC internally because they finally owned up to the fact that they absolutely have to."
- Microsoft is building a new Outlook app for Windows and Mac powered by the web — Project Monarch is the end-goal for Microsoft's "One Outlook" vision, which aims to build a single Outlook client that works across PC, Mac, and the Web.
- Bug: Mailspring is an abandoned project. · Issue #2231 · Foundry376/Mailspring · GitHub
- Taking FOSDEM online via Matrix — FOSDEM will have its own dedicated Matrix server at fosdem.org.
- KDE Plasma 5.20.5 Released as the Last in the Series, Update Now — The Plasma-NetworkManager applet received a fix for an issue with the password entry jumping to different networks when searching for Wi-Fi networks.
- KDE Plasma 5.21 Desktop Environment to Ship with a New System Monitor App — The Plasma System Monitor app promises not only a fancier and modern user interface, but also a simpler way for monitoring system resources on your KDE Plasma-based GNU/Linux distribution.
- Get openSUSE
- SDB:NVIDIA drivers - openSUSE Wiki
- New Core Contributor Promo Code: 2021
- Planner — Task manager with Todoist support designed for GNU/Linux 🚀.
- AUR (en) - elementary-planner
- Tuxies Feedback
- Tuxies Voting Suggestion
- Feedback: Gnome 40 Changes