Manage episode 265230708 series 2471556
With the world becoming a more brittle and fragile place, our relationships with the people we love and care about are more important than ever before.
Dr. Keith Witt shares his five dimensions for building successful relationships and takes on the big questions — racism, violence and radical acceptance — in this expansive and therapeutic Living 4D conversation.
Learn more about Keith’s 40+ years as a psychotherapist and get a free download of his book. The Attuned Family, on his website. You can email him at email@example.com.
- Faced with decisions for a lifetime, Keith chose the warrior and the healer. (6:15)
- Everything is relationships. (12:44)
- Connecting with your eighth and ninth chakras. (19:15)
- What worldview are you living in? (26:54)
- Violence: The worst addiction in humanity. (35:24)
- Society’s biggest problems: Child abuse, child neglect and education. (43:26)
- Moving slower to engage in more consciousness with life and the people we love. (51:21)
- Donald Trump’s gift to our world. (1:02:33)
- Today’s human culture is brittle, fragile and deconstructing right in front of us. (1:11:07)
- Are you weird or just healthy? (1:21:32)
- Are you a seeker? (1:29:51)
- “Radical acceptance is not radical indulgence.” (1:44:46)
- Shame: The basis for morality. (1:56:18)
- Erotic polarity. (2:05:16)
- Keith and Paul have daughters named Zoe. (2:11:53)
- Attachment issues with your partner are a YOU problem too! (2:20:43)
- Therapy is like a marriage to a client one hour at a time. (2:27:14)
- Why does all love involve some pain and suffering? (2:32:39)
- “Carl Jung must’ve been a lonely guy…” (2:39:30)
- Integral Life
- Loving Completely, Shadow Light, Shadow Light Workbook: Recording Your Shadow Journey, Waking Up and The Gift of Shame by Dr. Keith Witt
- Dune by Frank Herbert
- The Religion of Tomorrow by Ken Wilbur
- Keith’s Therapist in the Wild video series
- The Shrink & The Pundit podcast series with Keith and Jeff Salzman
- What is Pendulation in Somatic Experiencing with Dr. Peter Levine on YouTube
- Robert Augustus Masters on Shadow Work
- Owning Your Own Shadow: Understanding The Dark Side of Psyche by Robert Johnson
Thanks to our awesome sponsors: Organifi (save 20 percent on your purchase by using the code CHEK20 at checkout), Paleovalley (save 15 percent on your purchase by using the code chek15 at checkout), BiOptimizers (save 10 percent on your order by using the code PAUL10 at checkout) and Cymbiotika (save 15 percent on your purchase when you use the code CHEK15 at checkout).