Manage episode 309359493 series 2640191
Fabio is a Deputy Director of the Monetary and Capital Markets Department at the IMF. He is responsible for the Global Financial Stability Report that gives the IMF’s assessment of global financial stability risks. Prior to joining the IMF, Fabio was a Senior Associate Director in the Division of Monetary Affairs at the Federal Reserve Board. Between October 2016 and June 2017, Fabio was Deputy Assistant Secretary for International Financial Stability and Regulation at the U.S. Department of Treasury. In this podcast we discuss:
- How COVID shocks transmit to markets and the economy
- Why haven’t bankruptcies picked up?
- The likely impact of Omicron
- How to know if inflation will be transitory
- How leveraged are markets?
- What are the risks to China?
- How stable are stablecoins?
- The investment challenge for climate policy
- Books that influenced Fabio: Barbarians at the Gate (Burrough, Helyar), The Divine Comedy (Dante)