Manage episode 297969086 series 97995
Marc Brackett is on the show this week. I heard him on Brené Brown’s podcast, then devoured his work, and knew I needed to have him on the show. He is the founding director of the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence and a professor in the Child Study Center at Yale University. His research focuses on the role of emotions and emotional intelligence in learning, decision making, creativity, relationships, health, and both academic and workplace performance. You are going to love this conversation and learn so much.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why it’s essential to focus on feelings. (7:02)
- The role emotions play in learning, decision making, and workplace performance. (9:46)
- What we should be teaching children about emotional intelligence. (15:29)
- The difference between emotional regulation and emotional intelligence. (23:05)
- The Mood Meter App: what it is and how it can be used. (28:32)