Manage episode 301786138 series 97995
Rachel DeAlto returns to the show this week, as part of the 8-episode special series, to talk about communicating, even if it scares you. I’m convinced that life is a series of awkward conversations and situations after another. However, armed with strategies and knowledge, it can be a little bit less scary.
Rachel DeAlto is a relationship expert, coach, media personality, and speaker. She is the author of “relatable: How to Connect with Anyone Anywhere (Even if It Scares You).” Rachel has also been featured on a multitude of media outlets including The TODAY Show, Access Hollywood Live, and Fox News. She has also given three TEDx talks including Being Authentic in a Filtered World which is featured on TED.com.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Rachel describes the difference between nervousness and social anxiety. [7:34]
- She shares some of what is wrong with the way we are communicating. [12:01]
- How you can begin to feel less socially awkward. [19:49]
- Some ways to approach building self-confidence. [21:46]
- Rachel shares how she sees women making themselves small (figuratively, not literally). [28:16]