Manage episode 302319302 series 97995
This week’s guest is Sekeithia, and she is the epitome of “making noise.” I came to know her through TikTok and was immediately drawn to her way of being herself on social media and encouraging others to do the same. She often shares openly about her mental health journey, sobriety, self-care, and is a motivator to her community of followers.
Making noise is about a lot of different things, and it is often about looking at life’s challenges as invitations to show up in your life. In this episode we discuss shining bright when others are trying to dim your light, mental health and self-care, and learning to trust yourself. Be sure to follow Sekeithia over on TikTok. And remember, this episode (and all of the others in this series) are on video. Head over to YouTube to watch!
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Sekeithia shares about her mental health journey with bipolar disorder, suicide attempts, and drug abuse. “Mental health was not a conversation we had around the dinner table.” (4:20)
- What her mental health self-care looks like today. (10:21)
- Sekeithia shares about a time she ignored her intuition and had to learn a hard lesson, and how that changed going forward. “Intuition is about trusting yourself.” (14:30)
- How the question, “Why do you always feel the need to be the brightest in the room?,” dimmed her light and how she began to shine again. (24:35)
- How Sekeithia defines self-confidence. (29:10)
- We dive into shadow work: what it is and how it helps. (32:40)