Manage episode 249210904 series 2109473
Quality management in the manufacturing industry should be high on your list of priorities. Carr Machine & Tool is going through the auditing process with ProShop ERP to prepare for the AS9100 certification they’d like to obtain. In this episode of MakingChips, the guys will talk with Paul Van Metre and Michael Collins about ProShop ERP, AS9100, and everything you need to know to prepare for getting your shop certified.
Paul is the president of ProShop USA, and founder of Adion Systems, which develops ProShop, a web-based and paperless ERP, MES, QMS system specifically designed for elite companies in the metalworking industry. They partner with shops that seek to be elite and deliver cutting edge quality.
Michael is an implementation specialist at ProShop USA, who trains clients on how to effectively use and implement ProShop in their shops. In addition, Michael provides QMS consulting in the areas of compliance, documentation, auditing and achieving management system certification such as AS 9100. Michael is also an ASQ certified quality auditor.
Connect with us:www.MakingChips.com/contactProShop takes quality management to a whole new level
ProShop describes itself as a Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem (DME) that combines quality management system (QMS), enterprise resource planning (ERP), Computerized Maintenance Management System, and manufacturing execution system (MES) all in one.
Not only is ProShop ERP an all-encompassing system you need for your manufacturing business, but they are also completely paperless. The system takes you into the 21st century and helps you manage everything in one system.
This episode IS a shameless plug for ProShop because we 100% believe everyone needs to integrate it into their business—and we aren’t afraid to say it.What you need to do to get AS9100 certified
AS9100 is the international Quality Management System standard for the Aviation, Space and Defense (AS&D) industry (Rev D (2016) is the most recent version). If you want to work with the AS&D you must get your shop certified.
So what does the AS9100 certification process look like? According to Michael, you simply start with a gap assessment. He’ll come in and ask questions, look at records and evaluate where your business is currently at as far as conforming to the AS9100 requirements.
The gap assessment will help you narrow down where you need to focus and implement changes to become compliant with your quality management. According to Michael: “The whole idea of quality is continuous improvement”.
It won’t be achieved in a day, but you can take ongoing steps. There is always something to be improved upon. Be sure to listen as Michael goes into detail.How does ProShop ERP simplify the auditing process?
All of the records that Michael needs to audit can be found within ProShop. There is no navigating through different programs or—heaven forbid—paper files. He can follow the audit trail from one thing to the next in one seamless platform.
ProShop cuts down the time it takes to do an audit to a third.
Jim points out that as a business owner, this is a weight off your shoulders. There are so many other areas where your time is better spent and if you’re decreasing the time spent on an audit bt 66% it decreases anxiety. It also allows you to get back to what you need to do much faster.
Doing things paperless will become the new standard. An auditor can’t tell you that you have to use binders. Even if they aren’t familiar with ProShop, you can walk them through where to find any and all of the info they need.ProShop raises the bar when it comes to excellence in quality
ProShop integrated quality management into their system to benefit you. Here are just a few of the functionalities and updates they make that raise the bar:
- They help you integrate updates into your system as revisions are made to the standard. They are always updating their ‘Flying Start’ package to reflect regulation updates.
- The integrate a vendor rating system so you can track the quality of the vendors that you work with. It always you to rank vendors on quality, communication, on-time delivery, and more.
- ProShop offers different options to help make sure your system is secure and follows ITAR regulations (on-site server or AWS GovCloud).
We rely on ProShop ERP to automate our systems and help us go above and beyond expectations with the quality we deliver.
Listen to the whole episode for valuable information on quality management, ProShop ERP, ASQ9100 certification and much more.Here’s The Good Stuff!
- What’s new at Carr Machine & Tool and Zenger’s & Black
- Manufacturing News: Automated Metrology by Quality Magazine
- Michael Collins and Paul Van Metre join Jason and Jim
- How Michael got started in the manufacturing industry
- What you need to do to get AS 9100 certified
- Having ProShop ERP cuts audits down to ⅓ of the time
- People Recognize that ProShop ERP is an efficient QMS system
- A conversation about the ProShop vendor rating system
- Is ProShop ERP a secure system?
- ProShop ERP
- Automated Metrology by Quality Magazine
- American Society for Quality
- Amazon GovCloud
- ISO 9001:2015
- Michael Collins on LinkedIn
- Paul Van Metre on LinkedIn
- ProShop ERP on Facebook
- ProShop ERP on Twitter