Manage episode 241360967 series 2425497
On this episode of the podcast we talk with our favorite Equine Nutrition Expert, Dr. Jyme Nichols of Bluebonnet Feeds. We LOVE having Jyme on and diving deep into the science of horse nutrition and all that it entails. On THIS episode we began by discussing the 21-Day Hind Gut program. We then go into A LOT of detail on Low-Starch Feeds and trend in the horse world moving that direction. We discuss what “low-starch” actually means, what is actually in the feed, why it’s needed and important, and SO many other things. We then answer a lot of questions from our listeners on social media including questions regarding micronutrients like zinc and copper in horse feed, nutrition’s role on hoof and coat care, insulin resistance, using soy products in feed, natural ulcer cures, and MORE. Thanks for hanging out with us and listening! Be sure to support the people that support us and buying great products from the fantastic companies who advertise on this podcast!
Life is short. Ride a Unicorn!
Also, be sure to go and FOLLOW our Socials!
Show Partner Info:
- J2 R&R Paste by Oxy-Gen: Race and Recovery is a resveratrol and turmeric paste that can be used to support cellular health, stamina, and normal muscle recovery. Get some today!
- J2 VIRTUAL COACHING: Click here to SIGN UP for VIRTUAL BARREL RACING COACHING today!
- KAHM CBD: Use promo code ”MWH” at checkout to get 10% off your entire order of human, equine, and pet CBD products at KahmCBD.com! We use this on ALL of our horses. All of our pets. And maybe MOST importantly, ALL of our HUMANS! Check them out TODAY!
- STRIDE ANIMAL HEALTH: Head to this link and use code “MWH” at checkout to get 10% off all Stride Animal Health products INCLUDING our 2 favorites, LIFELINE + and the 21-DAY HIND GUT HEALTH PROGRAM!
- FLAIR EQUINE NASAL STRIPS: Use Checkout Code: “SUPERSTAR” to get $10 Off Online Orders of $60 or more. Developed by veterinarians, FLAIR® Strips are drug-free, self-adhesive nasal strips that promote optimum health of equine athletes, in all disciplines and every level of competition. The Strips gently support the soft tissues over the nasal passages (the narrowest part of the upper airway) and reduce airway resistance and improve airflow when your horse needs oxygen most.
- Elkmont, Alabama: September 13-15, 2019
- Wichita Falls, Texas: October 25-27, 2019