MwH 094: Nature Versus Nurture, Night Routine for Horses, Lead Changes, Bloodlines, and Back Strengthening
Manage episode 241923237 series 2425497
On this episode of the podcast we discuss our memories from 9/11. We also talk about Jackie’s propensity to fall off a horse. We talk about how to get a horse to be snappy on the backside of a barrel. We then discuss nature versus nurture in regards to great barrel horses. We talk about working on lead changes in the pattern, discuss breeding cow bred to race bred horses, and talk about what type of exercises to focus on to strengthen a horse’s back specifically post kissing spine surgery. Thanks to all of our listeners who asked questions and interacted with us on social media!
Life is short. Ride a Unicorn!
Also, be sure to go and FOLLOW our Socials!
Show Partner Info:
- J2 VIRTUAL COACHING: Click here to SIGN UP for VIRTUAL BARREL RACING COACHING today!
- KAHM CBD: Use promo code ”MWH” at checkout to get 10% off your entire order of human, equine, and pet CBD products at KahmCBD.com! We use this on ALL of our horses. All of our pets. And maybe MOST importantly, ALL of our HUMANS! Check them out TODAY!
- STRIDE ANIMAL HEALTH: Head to this link and use code “MWH” at checkout to get 10% off all Stride Animal Health products INCLUDING our 2 favorites, LIFELINE + and the 21-DAY HIND GUT HEALTH PROGRAM!
- FLAIR EQUINE NASAL STRIPS: Use Checkout Code: “SUPERSTAR” to get $10 Off Online Orders of $60 or more. Developed by veterinarians, FLAIR® Strips are drug-free, self-adhesive nasal strips that promote optimum health of equine athletes, in all disciplines and every level of competition. The Strips gently support the soft tissues over the nasal passages (the narrowest part of the upper airway) and reduce airway resistance and improve airflow when your horse needs oxygen most.
- Wichita Falls, Texas: October 25-27, 2019