Manage episode 238612569 series 1770889
- This week’s #Millennial has a little bit of everything: politics, adventure, data, and getting some booty in Budapest!
- BAE Supporter Jemima joins us from her current location in Kosovo, and later in the episode talks working for BuzzFeed, her European backpacking adventure through 40 cities and 10 countries, and the importance of solo travel in one's life.
- Shut up and take our money: Marvel unveiled some of its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic Con, and revealed that the MCU is expanding to include TV shows exclusive to Disney+.
- While we’re on the Disney train, we talk Lion King and the challenges of doing realistic imaginings of talking animal movies. Simba, y u no emote?!
- The Number returns this week with data that confirms the ONE thing U.S. Americans agree on regardless of political affiliation: social media sucks.
- In the Mailbag, we hear from someone else who recalls inappropriate student/teacher relationships. #cringe
- Surprise Bitch! takes us to Puerto Rico this week, where listener Jonathan fills us in on the latest regarding Puerto Rican Governor Roselló and the protests calling for his resignation.
- In the recommendations corner, we have Downtown Abbey (Andrew), “What Would Skeletor Do?” (Laura), and Camomile Cleansing Butter from The Body Shop (Jemima).
- This week’s episode is sponsored by BioClarity (for 40% off a skincare routine and 15% off everything else on their site), Rothy’s ( get your new favorite pair of flats), and Care/Of (enter code MILL for 25% off your first order). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
- To follow Jemima on her Journey around the world, check out her YouTube channel
- Pew Research Center has a new Political Typology quiz out. Are we Solid Liberals? Disaffected Democrats? Take the quiz and compare your results with us
- We dive into what this data means for 2020, and what work we think the Democratic Party needs to be doing to appeal to moderate voters.
- Most of us understand restaurant tipping culture, but a New York Times report reveals that many of us are shit tippers with food delivery services. Andrew learns his Chipotle has probably been spit in many times.