Manage episode 242865945 series 1770889
- The Emmys may have seen a ratings dive, but #Millennial has the “most. viewers. period.”
- We’re all feeling our inner Greta Thunberg after her stunning statements at the UN Climate Summit: https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1176151948304769025
- Laura and Andrew get into some first world problems and sound like real assholes.
- “Comedian” Shane Gillis was fired from SNL before making his first appearance on the show because his “red state appeal” turned out to just be racism.
- This has renewed claims of cancel culture and comedy censorship in some circles, but we explain why throwing around bigoted language for shock value doesn’t qualify as comedy.
- If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it: looks like President Donnie is at it again colluding with foreign governments to get dirt on his election opponents.
- Are you there, Democrats? It’s me, The Constitution you swore to uphold.
- The Confessional is back, and in it we tackle giving feedback to your podcast co-hosts, Andrew’s doppelgänger, and where to go to buy your first sex toy.
- Our AP Choice submissions dig deep and we share our deepest regrets, current happiness, and talk about the Storm Area 51 result.
- We make a call to listener Kris, who moved into her car last year to save money. She updates us on her journey, the pros and cons, and how this move has increased her self-sufficiency.
- Classy recommendations across the board this week: The Politician (Andrew), Sugared Cinnamon and Salted Caramel Pumpkin scents from Pier 1 Imports (Laura), and “The Golden Compass” audiobook (Pam).
- This episode of #Millennial is sponsored by ZipRecruiter (https://www.ziprecruiter.com/millennial to try ZipRecruiter for FREE) and ThirdLove (https://www.thirdlove.com/MILLENNIAL for 15% off your new favorite bra). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
- Euthanasia rates are down in shelters across the country, and we discuss changing attitudes towards spaying and neutering pets.
- Where did all of our fur babies come from? We’re team #adoptdontshop
- Pam and Laura bond over the unique personalities of terriers, while Andrew basks in the glory of having a quiet dog.