Manage episode 233893507 series 1770889
- We kick off this week’s episode by reviewing Detective Pikachu and Long Shot, and bitching about Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 5. We then quickly transition to prank calling Andrew’s scammer.
- In NOT NORMAL News, Trump thinks he should get an extension on his abysmal first term, and Lindsey Graham supplies the excellent judicial advice of ignoring a subpoena.
- AP Choice has us considering whether we’d adopt a plant-based diet, heartbeat bills, and how to remove our data from Google.
- During Surprise Bitch! we play a game that’s trending online with listener Danielle. Good luck with those highlights, girl!
- Think of your daughters before naming them Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm, Lady of Dragonstone, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons.
- The Intergovernmental Panel on climate change completed a study that examined attitudes towards perceptions of international threats in 26 countries.
- If we enter the next ice age, will lenders track down our iced corpses demanding repayment? Probably.
- Farmer Pat is back to tell us about another food marketing scheme: organic foods.
- Organic produce is no better or worse than conventional produce, but organic meats have been found to have higher levels of trans-fats.
- In recommendations, we reveal our age. RIP.
- This week’s episode is sponsored by BioClarity (https://www.bioclarity.com and enter code MIL for 40% off skincare routines and 15% off everything else on their site) and Myro (https://www.mymyro.com/mill and enter code mill for 50% off your first order and to get started for just $5). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week’s installment of After Dark:
- We provide an in-depth, spoiler-ridden review of Game of Thrones, Season 8 Episode 5.
- Which parts of the episode did we find most frustrating? We cover the frustration seen online in response to what many perceive as a rushed ending.
- What other shows have started out strong and ended weak?
- Do fans expect too much, and are we spoiled to expect anything more than what we’ve been given?