Manage episode 278387953 series 1206852
In this episode of the Millionaire Mindcast, we have an impressive guest Nathan McDonald who shares his knowledge and insights about Angel investing, Due Diligence Process in real estate, collaboration based-investing, good returns, and positive cash flow during this economic crisis!
Nathan McDonald is an entrepreneur, investor, CEO of Keiretsu Capital, and Chairman of Keiretsu Forum in Northwest Region. Keiretsu Capital is the exclusive worldwide fund partner of Keiretsu Forum and manages angel co-investment, blockchain, and real estate funds for its investors and supporting startup companies. They are ranked as the most active venture investors in the USA and growing to be 55 chapters globally.
Under Nathan’s leadership, Keiretsu Capital has launched four co-investment funds and now manages over $30 million from over 180 Keiretsu investors and over 160 portfolio company investments. With his skills, he quickly builds the Keiretsu Forum in the Northwest region into the fastest growing angel investment group in the nation, adding over 850 investor members and facilitating over $300 million in funding for over 400 companies.
Nathan believes that companies who have not embraced technologies during this financial crisis will be left behind as the market accelerates quickly. Likewise, the best thing investors can do is invest. Anyone can do as long as you believe in the business you’d liked to get into and be willing to take the time out there.
Get your money moving, get into the economy and the community by supporting businesses that are able to generate returns. For Nathan, during these uncertain times, recession, and downturn, is where the best companies in the world are created. It is just finding opportunities in the middle of chaos. Particularly in real estate businesses where there’s plenty of opportunity on the liquidity side.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Tell us a little bit more about the Keiretsu Forum and the context of your community and platform? (00:37)
- What do you guys see out there and why do you feel through Keiretsu that it is such a great and promising time to be exploring, diversifying, and looking at some different investments out there? (03:59)
- What kind of product that you guys are coming across in syndicating, funding, investing and that is coming through the platform in the Form? (06:24)
- What is the Due Diligence process? (08:27)
- What are some of the things that you guys do when you’re digging in the Due Diligence process that gets you excited or disappointing? (13:27)
- What are some of the industries, sectors, products that you guys are very bullish on or embarrass on? (14:57)
- What do you guys look for in an investment, syndication, and real estate? What the market landscape looks like right now as well as a kind of head into the future? 16:45)
- What do nice returns in the context of what you guys from a fund perspective are looking for to provide for your investors as well as for your fund? (19:43)
- How to distinguish what is the right approach to finding and getting returns and opportunities? (20:55)
- Who is the ideal investor in your funds and in your community? (24:02)
- In terms of minimum investment or accredited or non-accredited investors, what is the kind of avatar made up of that investor who might be coming to you guys? (25:41)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What Keiretsu means (01:25)
- How to find businesses that will give you good return during this crisis (05:06)
- The reasons why companies don’t raise capital (13:57)
- “Through technology, you can reach the marketplace around the world.”
- “Real estate is just an entrepreneurial market as technology.”
- “Everyone can contribute to the fact that you believe in them.”
Connect with on: