Manage episode 250360829 series 2137790
How investors make money with carry trades, how central banks encourage such trades, and what are the dangers to financial markets and the economy when carry trades get too big.
Topics covered include:
- What are the attributes and examples of carry trades.
- Why do carry trades exist even though investors can suffer massive losses.
- What was Volmageddeon and Francogeddan.
- How central banks are the largest carry traders and their actions encourage even more carry trades.
- Why carry trades are deflationary and lead to systemic risk.
- What should individual investors do about carry trades and how to take advantage of carry crashes.
For show notes and more information on this episode click here.