Manage episode 266655555 series 1287196
Do your eyes glaze over when you hear terms like “data” in relation to music careers? The truth of the matter is that actionable insights might be one of the most exciting developments in recent history.
In this episode of The New Music Industry Podcast, I pass the mic with Beatchain founder Ben Mendoza, who shares the story behind the platform, how it came to be, and how it can be used to help you build your fan base and monetize your music.
Download the PDF cheat sheet
- 00:45 – What’s new this week?
- 02:27 – A tool you should be using as a musician
- 03:03 – The advantages of being a tech company
- 04:25 – What struggles do artists have today?
- 06:33 – The right tools
- 10:48 – How Beatchain came about
- 20:46 – Leveling the playing field with actionable data
- 32:59 – Shiny object syndrome (you can’t polish a turd)
- 36:11 – What’s the greatest challenge you’ve overcome?
- 38:24 – Are there any books that have helped you on your journey?
- 40:27 – Closing thoughts
- 41:57 – Three takeaways from the interview
- 44:32 – News and updates
- 45:29 – Listener comments
- 46:30 – Get in touch with David
The old rules don't apply anymore. DIY artists and creators can be successful if they have the right tools to help them along their journey.
Click To Tweet
The post 197 – How to Use Data to Grow Your Music Career – with Ben Mendoza of Beatchain appeared first on Music Entrepreneur HQ.