My DNA Coach Podcast I Jonny Deacon I Health I Fitness I DNA Testing I Blood Testing |A.I |DEXA I Kolbe A Index | Personal Training
EPISODE 156 - ESTROGEN 101
Manage episode 198274292 series 1184045
What is Estrogen?
Estrogen is a feminising hormone that both men and women have in the body (women just have more of). Estrogen is made out of testosterone and is important to maintaining healthy bones, skin, nails and cardiovascular health. It is an extremely important hormone to have but like anything, if we have to much it begins to be problematic.
Estrogen is proliferative, which means it stimulates growth. It stimulates fat growth so those that are estrogen dominant find it hard to lose weight especially in estrogen fat locations such as lower abdomen, love handles, hips, buttocks, thighs and backs of the arms and may show signs of blood clotting, fluid retention, poor circulation and headaches. Other signs being estrogen dominant are:
• Increased worry.
• Exaggerated response to stress.
• Heightened intuition ‘gut instinct’.
• Run on autopilot.
• Craves sugar and chocolate.
• Mood swings around menstrual cycle or moon phases.
• Bloated around abdomen, hip and thighs.
• Fluid retention and feeling of heaviness.
• Breast lumps and bumps.
• Abnormal results on pap smears and mammograms.
• Blood clots, Deep Veins Thrombosis, bruising.
• Sleep disturbances, emotional, nervousness.
• Period pain.
• Heavy periods.
• Thrush, urinary tract infections.
• Gynecomastia AKA the dreaded man boobs.
• Fat and fluid retention on abdominal, breast, hips, butt, thigh, back of arms and neck.