SUCCESS Podcasts are shows for goal-oriented achievers. Hear from our Editorial Board about how they've achieved great heights and what they're doing to continue to climb.
Manage episode 280988975 series 2688645
By Magnus Hedemark. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
At the time of this recording, this show is entirely unsponsored and without ads. It is listener-supported. Will you support us? For only a dollar a month, you can show your support as a fan of the show. For five dollars a month, you can be an Official Patron. And as a show of gratitude, you'll have access to new episodes several days before everybody else. You can learn more about the show and how to support it on our Patreon page.
Host: Magnus Hedemark
Host: Magnus Hedemark
- "Backed Vibes Clean" by Kevin MacLeod
- I put out a call for Patrons, and you put us over the top! The podcast is now covering its own hosting costs. Operating costs are currently around $26 per month. Patrons are contributing about $94 after Patreon fees and taxes. I've been using the extra to re-invest back into the show, like paying to have the logo commissioned.
- Become a Patron and get early access to new episodes while supporting the show.
- We've also trying live streaming for Patrons ($5+ tier) but have some kinks to work out.
- I have used some of the pledge money to have our Groktopus mascot created and Podcast cover art.
- Order of the Tentacle ($50+ per month):
- &Diverse Foundation
- Holy grail: professional transcripts of all episodes. Automated tools don't work well, so this requires real labor. We're not close to this yet.
- I've got most of the gear now to make YouTube versions of our interviews. In another month or two at this rate I should be able to spring for video editing software to get some Neurodiversity content out there on video to complement the podcasting.
- This episode was recorded a little while back. This and the next one are coming out after a long delay. Thanks for your patience!
- Watch this episode on YouTube!
- Jeff came out as #ActuallyAutistic in September, having just found out in January.
- Interesting story to tell about life pre-diagnosis.
- First year of processing diagnosis & moving forward.
- Can the journey of late life Autism diagnosis be supported like those in a recovery program?
- Even if you're expecting & looking forward to the diagnosis, the experience of receiving it from essentially a stranger can be jarring.
- We talk a bit about the Autistic community, how it can be a scary community sometimes... if you don't use the right words, have the right point of view, the community can turn on its own kind. Can we get better at this? Can we show each other more grace, give each other room for different paths?
- Diagnosis can be a catalyst to becoming a better human being through understanding, reflection, introspection, iteration, adaptation, etc.