Manage episode 258903809 series 2609329
Collagen supplements are really, really popular. Claims made about collagen supplementation include better skin, joint health, gut health and more. Are the claims legit? Let's chat about it! We break down what collagen is, how collagen supplements work in the body, and what the research says about it. BS of the Week: Gendered & diet-culture influenced infant clothing (WTF ?!?)
Follow us on Instagram: @nobsnutritionpod @hannahmagee_rd @tareqneuro
Follow us on Twitter: @nbsnpod @hannahmagee_rd @tareqneuro
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel!
- BS of the Week
- Effects of a nutritional supplement containing collagen peptides on skin elasticity, hydration and wrinkles (Borumand & Sibilla, 2015).
- Efficacy of specific bioactive collagen peptides in the treatment of joint pain (Oesser et al., 2016).
- Oral supplementation of specific collagen peptides has beneficial effects on human skin physiology: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. (Proksch et al., 2014)
- Roles of dietary glycine, proline and hydroxyproline in collagen synthesis and animal growth (Li & Wu, 2018).
- The Collagen Family (Ricard-Blum, 2011).
- Will Collagen Supplementation Improve Your Skin? - Andy the RD
- Meghan Collie "Reality check: Is it safe to drink collagen powder?”