Manage episode 260160806 series 2609329
Time to talk about HAES (Health At Every Size®). What does it mean? Why is it a movement that everyone including clinicians needs to pay attention to? We discuss the beginnings, workings, and efficacy of HAES programs as well as dabble into some ethical questions about weight-based treatments. Hannah and Tareq also discuss a recent study investigating why some people don't respond to HAES programs. BS of the Week: Hemp Oil Gummies...!
Follow us on Instagram: @nobsnutritionpod @hannahmagee_rd @tareqneuro
Follow us on Twitter: @nbsnpod @hannahmagee_rd @tareqneuro
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel!
- Health at Every Size by Lindo Bacon, PhD
- Principles of Health at Every Size - Association for Size Diversity and Health
- HAES Practitioners: Christy Harrison, Dietitian Anna
- Decolonizing Fitness
- “Weight Science: Evaluating the Evidence for a Paradigm Shift” (Bacon & Aphramor, 2011)
- “Does Health At Every Size® fit all? A group-based trajectory modeling of a non-diet intervention” (Cloutier-Bergeron et al., 2019)
- "The Case for Checking a Bag" - Roxane Gay
- "I’m a Little Too Fat, a Little Too Giving. I Think I Know Why." Kristine Levine