Manage episode 262484200 series 2609329
Hannah and Tareq discuss a highly-requested topic - Intermittent Fasting! Want to know what the buzz is all about? They break down what the research says about intermittent fasting and its health benefits as well as a list of limitations consider about the diet. They also address the battle between refined vs. natural sugars in the BS of the Week. Are maple syrup and honey really more nutritious choices? Technically yes, but realistically no. Press play to find out why!
Follow us on Instagram: @nobsnutritionpod @hannahmagee_rd @tareqneuro
Follow us on Twitter: @nbsnpod @hannahmagee_rd @tareqneuro
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel!
Follow Hannah on TikTok!
Check out Tareq's neuroscience blog!
- Intermittent Fasting: The Key to Long Term Weight Loss? - Today's Dietitian
- Weight-Loss Outcomes: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Intermittent Energy Restriction Trials Lasting a Minimum of 6 Months (Headland et. al.,2016)
- Effects of Intermittent Fasting on Body Composition and Clinical Health Markers in Humans (Tinsley & Bounty, 2015)
- “Impact of intermittent fasting on health and disease processes” (Mattson et al., 2017)
- “Meal Timing and Frequency: Implications for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention: A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association” (St-Onge et al., 2017)