Manage episode 259522588 series 2609329
Discrimination and bad food science intersect in many ways (read: diet culture in general!) and one of those ways has been MSG, also known a monosodium glutamate. For years it's gotten a bad rap for causing stomach troubles, headaches, allergies and more... but wait... is any of that actually true? Hannah and Tareq discuss some of the pre-eminent papers on the topic and get into some real nutrition facts. BS of the Week: Alkaline Water!
Follow us on Instagram: @nobsnutritionpod @hannahmagee_rd @tareqneuro
Follow us on Twitter: @nbsnpod @hannahmagee_rd @tareqneuro
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel!
- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) - Questions & Answers - Health Canada
- The Truth About MSG - Unlock Food
- Alkaline Water is a Thing, But it Shouldn't Be. This is Why. - Abby Langer Nutrition
- "Consensus meeting: monosodium glutamate - an update" (Beyreuther et al., 2007)
- "No consensus on glutamate" (Hermanussen, 2008)
- “Does Monosodium Glutamate Really Cause Headache? : A Systematic Review of Human Studies” (Obayashi & Nagamura, 2016)