Manage episode 277442330 series 2698931
Al Hymers is regarded by many as one of the most experienced pilots of the Canadair family of water scooping flying boats. From the 2,100 hp a side twin radial engined CL-215, to the newly modified Pratt and Whitney turboprop CL-415 EAF, Al has experienced it all.
Not only that, he has experience on the Beech 18, flying that beauty at only 21 years of age, and also the PBY Canso water bomber, the Canadian version of the Catalina.
Support On the Step via Patreon
Follow me on Instagram!
Check out my YouTube Channel!
Seaplane Pilots Association:
On the Step is proudly sponsored by the Seaplane Pilots Association. Join today to support the association that is built to support their community. Membership benefits include:
- Nationwide Advocacy
- Protection of Seaplane access to waterways
- Water Flying Magazine
- The Water Landing Directory app
- The Seaplane Flight Training Directory
- Events and Splash-Ins
- Safety Seminars
- Scholarship programs for Seaplane Training
- Discounted Seaplane Insurance Programs
- Numerous other members only benefits