Manage episode 268715637 series 2365312
On this week’s episode, Ameé speaks with resilience expert, TEDx speaker, and lecturer Dr. Ronda Beaman. Over her career, Ronda has been Professor of the Year at three universities, and her family was named America’s Most Creative Family by USA Today!
But here’s another fun fact: She has appeared on "Don't Forget the Lyrics" with Wayne Brady. And her crowning achieve was that she did not know the third verse of "Sweet Home Alabama!" Who knew there was a third verse? But she did remember Tommy James and the Shondell's "I Think We're Alone Now."
When not appearing on game shows, Dr. Ronda Beaman is Chief Creative Officer at PEAK Learning and a Clinical Professor at The Graduate School of Business, California Polytechnic University.
Her award-winning book, You're Only Young Twice: 10 Do-Overs to Reawaken Your Spirit, has been printed in five languages. And she also her memoir, Little Miss Merit Badge, which is a humorous account of her achievement addiction and the childhood hijinks employed to thrive in an unusual family.
In this episode, you will hear:
- The four dimensions of our behaviors & thoughts that determine how well we will deal with an adversity?
- Why someone people respond differently to difficult situation than others
- How can someone become more “adversity resistant”
- What role our sense of fulfillment plays into how well we handle adversity
- Why who we surround yourself and how they impact your abilities to harness adversity
Adversity Quotient: Turning Obstacles into Opportunities by Paul Stoltz