Manage episode 268208420 series 2365312
Today’s episode comes from a listener to the show who wrote to Ameé ask if she had any resources for men who have been abused by their mothers. He then shared that he has been researching on his own and can’t find anything on the topic. During her research, Ameé found today’s guest, Dr. Joe Kort. Joe is a Detroit area-based Psychotherapist, life coach, author, and podcaster who specializes in tackling the taboo as well as the norms about our sexual health.
Visit www.ameequiriconi to subscribe or ask a question.
In this episode, you will hear:
- The taboos and societal messages responsible for the lack of information and resources for survivors of mother-son incest
- Understanding how women can tip the scales and assault men or their sons
- Understanding the differences between covert and overt abuse
- How to make room in society for men to share their abuse experiences
- The resources available for men who have been abused by women and/or their mothers