Manage episode 272812381 series 2514838
Prominent investors have lost hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars to common cybersecurity scams and schemes. Today we brought in cybersecurity expert Josiah Mann. In this episode, Josiah walks us through some of the common cybersecurity scams that exist and shares simple tips to help improve your cybersecurity and avoid getting your accounts breached by hackers.
[00:01 – 03:45] Opening Segment
- I talk briefly about the great value that awaits you in this episode
- I introduce and welcome guest, Josiah Mann
- Josiah gives a bit background about himself
[03:46 – 19:56] Don't Lose Money from Bad Cybersecurity
- Josiah talks about Investor Deal Room
- Secure online portal for investors
- Why cybersecurity is important
- Josiah shares that billions of password combinations are for sale online, and one of them might be yours!
- Let's learn how to avoid getting our accounts breached by hackers.
- Here's a simple tip from Josiah to help increase your cybersecurity
[19:57 – 27:04] Working With A Sponsor
- It's important for sponsors to make things easy for their investors.
- Josiah explains how Investor Deal Room helps in these situations
- Josiah talks about the most common cybersecurity scam
[27:05 – 33:11] Closing Segment
- Quick word from our sponsors
- What is the best investment you've ever made other than your education?
- "My best investments are all in people."
- What is the worst investment you ever made?
- "I think I definitely had some big-time investments without really committing to the long haul for that thing. Just trying to make a quick buck. Anytime I've tried to do that with any investments, it's gone poorly."
- What is the most important lesson that you've learned in business and investing?
- I think I've learned a lot about transmutation. Facing challenges in a positive attitude and turning them into opportunities.
- Connect with Josiah online. See the links below.
"I hate being a fear mongerer, I hate that idea, but it is. It's like the new frontier of crime is cybercrime. That's in this whole internet industry is a very young industry. The thing about is that it's very easy to take the mentality of well this will never happen to me." – Josiah Mann
"By not kind of paying attention to what's going on in the industry and by dragging your feet a little bit. The risk is that you're actually creating more of a risk by doing that than you are serving your investors." – Josiah Mann
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.