Manage episode 273394636 series 2514838
Success comes down to clarity of thinking and wanting to grow without avoidable mistakes and unnecessary risks. Our guest for today is Cherif Medawar, a hedge fund manager, author, and educator.
Today, we're talking about Cherif's exciting, innovative strategy – targeting single-tenant commercial real estate properties. You probably haven't heard of this strategy before. Join us and learn how we can make great returns on leveraging triple net properties!
[00:01 – 03:26] Opening Segment
- I talk briefly about great values that await you in this episode
- I introduce and welcome our guest, Cherif Medawar
- Cherif gives a little bit of background about himself
- Real estate fund manager
[03:27 – 13:33] Make Great Returns on Triple Net Property
- Cherif talks about their single-tenant commercial real estate strategy
- Targeting commercial space that can accommodate one tenant at a time
- Triple net lease
- One of the best types of leases you can have for a commercial real estate
- Sharing the step by step formula
- Organizing training
- Why don't the owners do this themselves?
- Cherif walks us through the risks involved and how to mitigate them.
[13:34 – 17:59] Impact of COVID-19
- What they're focusing on during this COVID-19 pandemic
- Single-tenant, 2nd/3rd generation food places
- QSRs are the fastest growing and most active tenants
- Cherif talks about how COVID-19 has affected their business
[18:00 – 21:33] Investor's Perspective
- The passive investor's aspect of Cherif's strategy
- What's in store for the investors
- Shares a story when he was just starting his fund
[21:33 – 30:29] Closing Segment
- Quick word from our sponsors
- What is the best investment you've ever made other than your education?
- A building that the first and second floor was for retail, and a penthouse on the top floor
- What is the worst investment you ever made?
- I tried to start my own bank.
- What is the most important lesson that you've learned in business and investing?
- You don't only want ethical, hard working people, but you also want them solvent.
- Connect with Cherif online! See the links below.
"We try to be as careful and as upfront as possible because you never want bad karma in business." – Cherif Medawar
"You know wealth is a skill-based on numbers and these are all proportional." – Cherif Medawar
- Triple Net Lease (NNN Lease)
- Secured Fixed Income Fund
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.