Manage episode 270330869 series 2514838
I had the pleasure of speaking with entrepreneur, real estate investor, and owner of Jevons Properties, Enrique Jevons. Jevons Properties buy, sell, and manage a range of large and small apartment complexes, single-family homes, duplexes and provide high-quality housing solutions for tenants and drive higher profit margins for owners.
Let's dive into Enrique's story on how you can passively earn money through private lending strategies.
[00:01 – 04:41] Opening Segment
- I talk briefly about the value that awaits you in this episode
- Let's welcome our guest, Enrique Jevons
- Enrique gives a little bit of background about himself
- Went to the hotel industry after getting his degree
- Created business plans in 2006 and start going on his own
[04:42 – 11:52] Generating Wealth
- Enrique talks about how he discovered his wealth-generating strategies
- Looking for various sources of income and wasn’t just dependent on his rental properties
- Found out about self-directed IRA
- Learned and leveraged the whole life insurance policies
- Started his own handyman business
[11:53 – 20:21] Private Lending Strategies
- Enrique talks about his private lending strategies
- You can't touch the money on your self-directed IRA yourself, but you can in life insurance
- Giving out loans to the people you know. The income is tax-advantaged
- Enrique talks about how he takes advantage of his life insurance plan
- Whole life insurance is an excellent way to earn tax-free money
- Quick sponsor break
- Enrique talks about how he operates his private lending
- Always do a background check
- Shares a story of a hiccup with a client
[20:22 – 29:49] Self-directed IRA vs. Whole Life Insurance
- For your life insurance loans, are you more willing to get actively involved with the borrowers?
- Enrique gives a comparison between a self-directed IRA and a whole life insurance plan
- Enrique advises how you can mitigate the risks of lending the money using your self-directed IRA and life insurance loans
- How to find the people you can lend money to
- Start at meetups
- The three important things you need to be successful in real estate
- Time. Expertise. Money.
- A quick word from our sponsors
[29:50 – 36:53] Closing Segment
- What is the best investment you've ever made other than your education?
- "The very first apartment building, 13-unit apartment building that I bought."
- What is the worst investment you ever made?
- "This most recent equity investment with a flipper."
- What is the most important lesson that you've learned in business and investing?
- "Diversify in every aspect of all your investments."
- Final words from Enrique and me
"What I realize is, ah damn, I'm on the top of the wrong mountain. I don't want to be here. I want to be the owner. I want to be the guy on the golf course who has this passive wealth who just makes the investments, and everybody else is doing all the work." – Enrique Jevons
"If you walk away, don't come back until they're 100% done. Chances are, it's not gonna be done exactly the way you wanted it. You still have to be checking up on it." – Enrique Jevons
"I think with real estate, there's three important things that you need to be very successful. You need time, expertise, and money, but it's okay if you're lacking in one of those three things." – Enrique Jevons
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.