Manage episode 271418444 series 2514838
In today's episode, we dive into his business and the reason behind it. Understanding the importance of your budget, why you need it, and what a budget really means. It doesn't matter whether you are a high-income professional or somebody from the lower end of the income spectrum. We all need a budget.
[00:01 – 03:49] Opening Segment
- I talk briefly about the great values that await you in this episode
- I introduce and welcome guest, Jesse Mecham
- Jesse gives a bit of background about himself and his company
- Started You Need a Budget while he was still in college
[03:50 – 13:49] Teaching People to Think About Money Differently
- Jesse explains what he means by "teaching people to think about money differently."
- Give every dollar a job – this is where a "tradeoff" comes in
- Embrace your true expenses
- Here's advice from Jesse that will help you in your financial decisions
- Make sure that your spending lines up with what you love
- Be comfortable with saying, "that's not within my budget."
[13:50 – 19:33] You Need A Budget
- Jesse talks about his business; You Need A Budget
- Join their online workshops
- Grab a free 34-day trial of their App
- What makes YNAB different from the other similar apps.
- Quick Ad break
- Think bigger, more structural, and scarier
[19:34 – 28:00] The Scarcity Mindset
- Jesse weighs in on the scarcity mindset
- Managing your finances correctly
- Don't be afraid of making a decision based solely on how much is in your bank account
- Squeeze out your priorities
- Jesse talks about his real estate investments
[28:01 – 36:24] Closing Segment
- Quick word from our sponsors
- What is the best investment you've ever made?
- "The best investment I've ever made is in my relationship with my wife."
- What is the worst investment you ever made?
- "I hired the wrong guy to build our project."
- What is the most important lesson that you've learned in business and investing?
- "Risks are not as big as we sometimes make them appear."
- "I think a really good pace for growth is the pace with which profits come in."
- Final words from Jesse and me
"It's not about spending less; it's about spending guiltlessly." – Jesse Mecham
"The scarcity mindset is not about saying you can't do this. It's saying, here are the things you want to do, what is most important for your business? And flushing out the strategy that that money should be following." – Jesse Mecham
You can connect with Jesse on their website, https://www.youneedabudget.com/.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.