Part 105 - Nose to Tail Eating, Omega 6 to Omega 3 Ratio, PUFA Problems, Fatty Beef Snacks, and Beef Tallow Body Care
Manage episode 277138601 series 2327587
Hello beautiful people, welcome back. This episode is a special one and I won’t do a whole intro. I’ll just let you know there’s 3 different interviews starting with one of the original grass fed, grass finished ranchers in America who I partnered with to do Nose to Tail. He called in on the phone and the sound quality wasn’t great, but his story and information are spot-on. Really great stuff from a 76 year old rancher who really knows health and is living proof of what happens when you eat meat in a healthy way.
He’s really into the Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio and keeping the ratio near 1 to 1 like we would have ancestrally. He’s been onto this about 20 years before anyone else. This is really awesome stuff.
The next interview starts 19 minutes in and is with my South African business partner Gary I make the Nose to Tail biltong with. This is the traditionally made South African beef product that is kind of like jerky but a lot better. It is air-dried for 7 days instead of dehydrated at high heat in a matter of hours like jerky. We also don’t use any sugar or other preservatives or curing agents. We use all the good fat instead of trimming it off like other people do. We’re developing a dried sausage version with liver and heart. It will be the first of its kind in the world!
The final interview 39 minutes in is with Tommy who makes the regeneratively grown beef tallow body care products. He makes them all by hand and uses nothing but a few natural ingredients. He’ll talk about the origins of beef tallow as soap throughout human history and why using animal fat on your animal body is so beneficial.
Really interesting stuff here with all 3 interviews that you won’t hear elsewhere. Without further ado, let’s jump in.
Find everything here: http://NoseToTail.org
- [2:30] How Ted got into the grass fed beef business.
- [5:00] The importance of omega-3 ratios for combating chronic diseases.
- [8:30] The ratios of omega-3 comparing Nose to Tail and other grocers.
- [13:00] The balance of eating lots of high quality omega-3 foods and not so much omega-6 heavy foods.
- [19:45] Introduction to our biltong processor in South Africa.
- [21:30] The difference between biltong and beef jerky.
- [26:00] The difference between our biltong compared to competitors.
- [31:30] Everything you need to know about our new product, Droewors.
- [39:00] The backstory of how Tommy got into manufacturing beef tallow body products.
- [42:00] The history of the use of beef tallow for skin care/soap.
- [44:20] What we should look out for when purchasing body care products.
- [46:30] The importance of saturated fats on our skin.
- [47:40] Difference between natural fragrances and essential oils.
- [51:40] Some insight into our new deodorant that will be coming out soon.
- [54:20] Where are all of our new body care products sourced from?
Find everything at http://NoseToTail.org