Manage episode 165126301 series 1216783
Coraline Ada Ehmke is a speaker, writer, teacher, open source advocate and technologist with 20 years of experience in developing apps for the web. She works diligently to promote diversity and inclusivity in open source and the tech industry. She is the creator of the Contributor Covenant, the most popular open source code of conduct in the world (with over 15,000 adoptions including JRuby, Swift, F# and Rails.) Coraline works for GitHub as a senior engineer on a team devoted to creating community management and anti-harassment tools.
Show notes at http://hellotechpros.com/coraline-ehmke-people/What You Will Learn In This Episode
- Why a lack of diversity limits creativity and problem solving.
- What a Code of Conduct can help you achieve in your organization.
- The impact your words and behaviors have on those around you, regardless of your intention.
- How to approach and communicate with someone who is violating the code of conduct.
- Technical terminology that needs to be refactored by everyone.
- The root cause behind most software problems.
- The anti-harassment and community support tools GitHub is building to foster excellent conduct.
- The emotion we all need to show at work to make life and work better for everyone involved.