Manage episode 279434434 series 1107295
The December 6th, 2020 Morning Worship Service at Plainfield Christian Church in Comstock Park, MI
Preacher: Bruce Wilson
Youth Minister: Brady Jester
Children’s Minister: Wade Harrier
Worship Leader: Katie Winstanley
Learn more at https://www.pccmi.org/
Songs: CCLI #2228009
Christmas Through The Eyes Of A Child
Do you get excited about the Christmas season?
- Even though there are only two children mentioned
In the Christmas story, there are two servants who Show us how to be Child Like.
Two Servants are: Simeon & Anna
Consolation - When comfort and salvation will come to the Jews through Their Messiah (king).
Redemption of Jerusalem holds the same theme as the Consolation of Israel.
Simeon and Anna know that Israel’s consolation
And Jerusalem’s redemption will be for the Whole world.
Christmas through the eyes of a Child means being Faithful while waiting on God And His promises.
Why should I be faithful while waiting for Jesus?
Reason #1 - We’re waiting with a purpose (Matt 28:18-20).
Reason #2 - You faithfulness now, means Faithful ones later. (Ps 71:18)
Take Home Questions:
• What are some Christmas traditions you celebrate by yourself of with your family?
• In your life specifically, what is making it difficult to wait on God and his promises?
• Can you name someone who’s faithfulness to God has influenced you?
• Who is someone you can influence with your faithfulness to God?