Manage episode 284142840 series 1423983
There are some podcast related releases coming from Apple in the near future, and Todd and Mike are here to discuss them. For Apple Watch and Apple iPhone, look out for new content as well as UI.
Don’t miss the BLK Pod Collective virtual summit next month focused on the Business of Podcasting.
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know.
Recorded live from two well-separated and socially distanced podcast studios in northern and southern Michigan; here’s Podcast Insider.
- Time To Walk comes to Apple Fitness+. Check out their new content specifically for Apple Watches.
- Ever want to be a newscaster? Daily news podcast host wanted.
- Apple’s iOS 14.5 coming with some cool updates including a few UI changes for Apple Podcasts.
- Spotify reports they have 2.2 million podcasts on their platform.
- BLK Pod Collective and StreamYard putting on “The Business of Podcasting Summit” on March 6th, virtually of course.
- Blubrry podcaster, Maxwell Ivey Jr. is trying for the Holman Prize. See his pitch video here: https://youtu.be/MXdl396Fr8Q
Blog posts (text) and podcast posts: should you keep them together or separate them on your site? We recommend keeping them together.
- Phase one of the dashboard update at Blubrry.com is out.
- Recently on Podcast Insider, Your Podcast Takes Flight with Twitter.
Question(s) of the Week
Question: From Joshua on Facebook “Curious – is there any way of knowing what CFNetworks is on our statistics?”
Answer: CFNetworks is a Framework for developers of iOS apps. A lot of podcast apps on iOS use it such as, but not limited to Amazon, NPR One, Skipcast and more. Basically, it’s an iOS app that downloaded your episode but not necessarily the Apple Podcasts app itself. In a lot of cases these apps use a ‘user agent’ so we can tell you which app. However, some of them do not always use a separate user agent. They are legitimate downloads but we cannot be identified as a particular app, so we report it as CFNetwork in the stats.
NEW! If you have a question or feedback, click on the “Leave a voicemail” On the sidebar of PodcastInsider.com. Record your question and we may answer it on the show.
Promo code INSIDER for a free month at Blubrry.com
Coming at you this week from Blubrry Studios in northern and southern Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-address stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235