Manage episode 261832988 series 2068608
Amazon is using its B2C infrastructure to quietly dominate in B2B. Joining me to discuss this is Dean Maciuba, Director Consulting Services at Logistics Trends & Insights. We cover:
- Amazon Business - the dominant marketplace in the USA?
- How Amazon leverages its existing network of fulfilment centres
- Fulfilment costs
- SKU range
- Amazon’s Delivery Service Partners - and shipping costs
- Multi-piece deliveries
- How much of Amazon DSPs’ volumes consists of B2B shipments
- Amazon parcel volumes directed to DSPs - and which carriers are missing out
- Impact of Amazon’s presence in B2B on FedEx and UPS
- Can anyone compete with Amazon in B2B?
- Importance of the sales force
- Amazon’s analytical prowess
- Could Amazon Business expand into other markets?