Manage episode 277854120 series 2068608
AED/EAD is a hot topic in international postal circles right now! Kate Muth, Executive Director at IMAG (International Mailers Advisory Group), shares an update on sharing advance electronic data for cross-border parcels - and compliance with the USA’s STOP Act:
- Background to the STOP Act
- Movement of illicit narcotics through the international postal system
- AED (or EAD) to help customs authorities
- Timelines for providing AED
- Will all countries meet 100% AED provision?
- The OIG’s research into AED compliance
- China’s progress in providing AED
- Exemptions and waivers
- Untracked items
- Remediation for international items without AED
- Rules for dealing with non-compliant items
- US capacity to store inbound international items, impact on quality of service and cost
- Will non-compliant parcels be destroyed?
- Collecting data at the post office counter
- Who pays for what?
- Truthfulness of customs declarations
- Other countries demanding inbound article data
- Harmonisation codes
- Is the data helping authorities find illicit substances in the mail?
- The importance of sharing data for cross-border parcels