Manage episode 278453391 series 2385063
Lucy D’Agostino McGowan, cohost of the Casual Inference Podcast and a professor at Wake Forest University, joins Daniel and Chris for a deep dive into causal inference. Referring to current events (e.g. misreporting of COVID-19 data in Georgia) as examples, they explore how we interact with, analyze, trust, and interpret data - addressing underlying assumptions, counterfactual frameworks, and unmeasured confounders (Chris’s next Halloween costume).
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Linode – Get $100 in free credit to get started on Linode – our cloud of choice and the home of Changelog.com. Head to linode.com/changelog
- Changelog++ – You love our content and you want to take it to the next level by showing your support. We’ll take you closer to the metal with no ads, extended episodes, outtakes, bonus content, a deep discount in our merch store (soon), and more to come. Let’s do this!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- LaunchDarkly – Power experimentation at any scale. Fast and reliable feature management for the modern enterprise.
- Lucy D'Agostino McGowan – Twitter, LinkedIn, Website
- Chris Benson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Daniel Whitenack – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- Casual Inference Podcast
- Casual Inference Podcast | Twitter
- Communicating Complex Statistics (video)
- Communicating Complex Statistics (slides)
Practical AI is a “Media Sponsor” of the R Conference | Government & Public Sector, where Lucy D’Agostino McGowan is giving the talk with Malcolm Barrett called “Causal Inference in R”, as well as a workshop with the same title.
This will be the first ever R Conference focused on data science work in government, defense, and the public sector.
Practical AI listeners get a special discount code valid for 20% off all ticket types, General & Academic Admission and workshops: