Manage episode 237382263 series 1435099
Today I’m talking to Jodi Brandon all about writing a book at serves your business and your business. We got though the process of brainstorming topics for your book, writing that book, getting it published, and even get into some marketing. In addition, we cover the ultimate purpose of your book is and how you can validate your topic before you get started. Jodi also talks about the importance of finding a topic that is going to bring your audience back to your services and how you can serve them well through the topic you choose and the book you write. She also talks a little bit about her own book and how she went through this process herself, as well as the reasons that you should consider self-publishing instead of going with traditional publishing.
Jodi Brandon has more than 20 years' experience in book publishing. After many years working at traditional publishing houses, Jodi and her husband relocated from New York to Philadelphia and she launched her freelance editing business. Jodi's passion these days is working as a book editor and writing/publishing coach for creative entrepreneurs, bloggers, and small business owners who want to level up their business with a book.
- How she moved from working in traditional publishing to working one on one with small business owners and creative entrepreneurs
- Why small business owners should write a book
- How to find a topic for your book, including validating your idea before you start writing
- Ways you can reuse the content you’ve already created
- How she works with clients to help them publish a book
- The difference between traditional and self- publishing
- How to launch and market your book
- How to get book readers back into your business and eventually hire you
Connect with Jodi: