Manage episode 256401510 series 2528117
Mark Munetz, M.D., and Elizabeth Ford, M.D., join Dr. Dixon and Dr. Berezin to discuss their work in the field of providing services to individuals who have criminal justice contact and serious mental illness.
- How each author became interested in the field in general and the topic of their article [2:14]
- Take-home messages from Dr. Ford's work [9:07]
- Dr. Munetz's experience with mental health courts [9:38]
- Areas of overlap between the articles [12:41]
- How to approach these areas of research [18:29]
- How unusual are the examples featured in the articles? [21:28]
- With improved funding, would individuals be more empathic toward people involved with criminal justice? [24:39]
- How the personal reflections discussed in these articles may interact with the field generally [26:40]
- What advice do the authors have for younger professionals? [30:42]
Subscribe to the podcast here.
Browse other articles on our web site.
Be sure to let your colleagues know about the podcast, and please rate and review it wherever you listen to it.
Listen to other podcasts produced by the American Psychiatric Association.