Manage episode 255839626 series 45843
It's stories on stories this week as David interviews Jordan Stillman and Brandon M. Crose of The Ordinary Epic. Hear them discuss:
- How they met
- Their histories with RPGs, and inspirations for the OE characters
- Brandon's work on Second Shift, and changes in approach since then
- Jordan's role as script editor and Season 2 writer
- How people reveal themselves in RPGs
- RPGs themselves as an auditory medium
- Questioning good and evil, race and other game world assumptions
Like what you hear? Us too. You can support The Ordinary Epic by visiting their website.
About Radio Drama Revival:
- Learn more about how to support Radio Drama Revival on our website
- Find David Rheinstrom on Twitter
- Support Wil Williams and Anne Baird on Patreon
- Support Elena Fernández Collins on Patreon
- Support Eli McIlveen and Sean Howard on Patreon
- Find Fred Greenhalgh on his website
- Find Rashika Rao on Twitter
- You shall not find the elusive Heather Cohen
Radio Drama Revival is recorded in Washington, DC, which is the unceded territory of the Piscataway Indian Nation and the Piscataway Conoy Tribe.
The people who brought you Wolf 359, Zero Hours, and Time Bombs are teaming up once more to bring you Audio Fiction 101: a new course that teaches you the ins and outs of writing an audio drama and then walks you through rigorous exercises to solve narrative challenges in audio.
World-building, writing for the ear, plot structure: this course is over three hours of video content with Zach Valenti, Sarah Shachat, and Gabriel Urbina teaching you everything they've learned over the past few years of producing, studying, living, breathing, and eating audio fiction. The course has visuals, it has animations, and it comes with companion worksheets.
Head to https://learn.fearofpublicshame.com to see the course offering, sample a few videos, and read the FAQ.
Need-based scholarships are available to qualifying applicants—just send an email with the phrase 'audio fiction scholarship' in the subject line to Zach, Sarah, and Gabriel at email@example.com.
When you're ready to check out, click the grey text that says 'have a coupon?' and enter the code RADIODRAMA, all one word, for 15% off your order.