Manage episode 250552441 series 1426437
Marci Evans, MS CEDRD-S LD, comes back to RD Real Talk to chat with us about body image. This conversation pairs with episode 130, featuring Bri Campos LPC, to continue our understanding of, and scope of practice (as dietitians) with, body image healing. Marci also shares some business and life updates, including how she prepared, and set boundaries for, her maternity leave last year.
Marci puts out a call to action for all practitioners: We must do our own work, first. She provides some foundation for how to do that, along with ample resources for professionals who want to learn more about this topic.
Continue to learn about Body Image through our Weight Inclusive Nutrition and Dietetics (WIND) workshops and webinars. More information here: weightinclusivenutrition.com/events
- WIND NYC Workshop (and virtual option): Register here!
- “The Body Appreciation Scale” by Laura Avalos, Tracy Tylka and Nichole Wood-Barcalow
- Dr. Daphne Lordly and her body image, and body perception, research
- Food Psych episode with Kimmie Singh MS RD (214)
- Marci's online trainings for professionals
- Be Nourished Body Trust Provider Training
- Book: Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach
- Book: Self-Compassion by Kristen Neff
- Book: Embody: Learning to Love Your Unique Body...by Connie Sobczak
- Book: The Handbook of Positive Body Image and Embodiment by Niva Piran and Tracy Tylka
- Book: The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel Van Der Kolk
- Additional resources we mention (books) are listed here: weightinclusivenutrition.com/books
Have you left a review on iTunes yet? If not, please do! Click here and tap the stars.
Questions or requests for the show? Reach out: RDRealTalk @ Gmail.com
Last but not least, get more RD Real Talk from the newsletter, landing in your inbox monthly!