Manage episode 254763641 series 1426437
It’s just me, y’all! Heather Caplan here, your RD Real Talk host, getting real about some business updates, and personal reflections. What do I wish I had done differently ten years ago? Well, a few things, but first and foremost, I wish I hadn’t been so arrogant/naive. (A little bit of both, TBH.) I needed help. I wish I had asked for it.
Below you’ll find a long list of the things mentioned in today’s episode. But if you want to skip that and get right to it, as I always say, my inbox is always open: RDRealtalk at Gmail dot com.
In no particular order (because my notes are a bit scattered):
- THE blog post: “I don’t want to be a dietitian anymore.”
- The one with Alissa Rumsey, about building your Mastermind & peer supervision (episode 132)
- The resource I’ve been using for over two years in my private practice: Pursuing Private Practice For Intuitive Eating RDs! (affiliate link)
- The 1:1 career coaching/mentoring I offer to fellow RDs and RDs-to-be.
- The 2020 RD Real Talk anonymous listener survey. Get in there!
- The NEW support group & resources for fellow RDs: Updates here!
- The monthly peer supervision calls through WIND, featuring various experts on various topics.
And some places to get started with more resources and info on WIND and IE:
- WIND Bookshelf
- Tracy Tylka et al’s paper on the weight-inclusive approach
- Jeffrey Hunger et al’s paper on an evidence-based rationale for weight-inclusive health policy
- WIND Webinars for 3 CEUs
Your host, Heather Caplan RD: HeatherCaplan.com, @RDRealTalk.
Have you left a review on iTunes yet? If not, please do! Click here and tap the stars.
Questions or requests for the show? Reach out: RDRealTalk @ Gmail.com