Manage episode 258392538 series 2406501
Laurie Barth joins us to talk about building a career you’ll love, networking you won’t hate, and a proven strategy to beat imposter syndrome.
Notes and Links
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. One should […] be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Gatsby Team
- Gatsby Cloud
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love by Cal Newport, on Amazon (“career capital”)
- How to talk like an Engineer by Laurie, on YouTube
- Gatsby.js Tutorials
- React Hooks
- React Concurrent Mode
- “assume the reader has zero prior knowledge but infinite intelligence” quoted by Dan Abramov on Twitter
- Hot Garbage Clean Code is Dead — by Me, on YouTube
- Kim Maida
- “Hell yeah!” or “no” by Derek Sivers, from Anything You Want on Amazon
- Lindsey Kopacz
- Chris Biscardi
- Imposter syndrome
- Dunning-Kruger effect
Build a beautiful functional React or React Native app with Infinite Red.
Get two tickets to the 2021 Chain React conference when you start or refer a new project.
Visit reactpodcast.infinite.red for details.