Manage episode 300178172 series 2971366
In this episode, I riff on what I believe is a very common feeling this year (2021) of “blah-ness.”
The inspiration for this Quick Riff is from an article that I found extremely affirming and helpful called “There’s a Name for the Blah You’re Feeling: It’s Called Languishing.” It’s written by psychologist Adam Grant and explains why so many of us are feeling “blah” and what we can do about it.
I don’t know about you, but I’m definitely feeling the effects of 2020. And although it’s important not to wallow in the past, in order to move forward in a positive direction, we first have to fully witness, understand, and release what is still sitting with us from the past.
A few things I touch on…
- What is languishing (blah-ness).
- The symptoms of languishing.
- Why so many of us are feeling this way.
- How we can slip into this state without realizing it.
- Why we don’t tend to ask for help while languishing.
- The slightly “woo-woo” antidote to this blah feeling.
- One of the most important factors in daily joy.
- How we get into that state of being.
- Why it’s crucial we have periods of uninterrupted time.
- How focusing on “just manageable difficulty” projects is helpful.
- A hopefully soothing guided stillness moment to integrate everything.
Full show notes including journal prompts linked below :