Manage episode 265932465 series 173083
Become A Love Tribe Member Today — When you become a Love Tribe Member, you'll gain access to exclusive, ad-free content not available on our regular, free feed. The membership provides you even more amazing and actionable relationship advice from the world's leading experts. Sign Up Here!
Many people in relationships think they should 'not rock the boat' to keep things steady and to avoid conflict. However, this conservative approach to relationships can actually backfire. Listen to today's episode to understand why rocking the relationship boat can sometimes be good and necessary for a happy and healthy relationship.
In this episode, we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- Why it's important to not sweep issues under the rug instead of dealing with them
- How we use distance and other negative behaviors to cope with relationships issues
- Working to find the underlying issues in your relationship
- How to create more intimacy in your relationship by communicating and rocking the boat
- Why the average time of divorce is 7.5 years into a marriage
- ++ BONUS++ round of questions for Love Tribe Members
Robert Taibbi is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 45 years experience, primarily in community mental health working with couples and families as a clinician, supervisor and clinical director. His work is grounded in cognitive-behavioral therapy and systems theory with a heavy emphasis on changing dysfunctional patterns and behaviors in everyday life.
Full show notes and episode links at: https://idopodcast.com/257
New Podcast Series: Love Under Quarantine
Sign up for our 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge here: 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge
Join our 5 Day Couples Appreciation Challenge here: idopodcast.com/appreciation
Do you want to hear more on this topic? Continue the conversation on our Facebook Group here: Love TribeSponsors
If you love this episode (and our podcast!), would you mind giving us a review in iTunes? It would mean the world to us and we promise it only takes a minute. Many thanks in advance! – Chase & Sarah