Manage episode 257407522 series 1446715
Newbies: Kendra, Natalie and Brittany
Brittany rented and watched the 2020 Emma adaptation approximately six times in the 48-hour rental window. Let us know your favorite Knightly! Ariana began watching Greek and it’s wonderful because the stakes are just so, so low. Natalie has not read the Austen books, but she does love the films! Now might be the time to read the text plus they are free all over! Kendra is watching Succession and everyone is horrible except for Greg and Tom. They are good boys. Danielle is reading a book called Crave and it sounds like a parody of Twilight.
– Newbies, first impressions: like it or dislike it?
– The introduction is very cinematic and does more to show not tell us what is going on
– There is a palpable buzz in the air
– Plus, the details from the women sending her gifts to the nectarines were beautiful
– Casting Kylie Bunbury
– Was this a stunt or was there more lead time for Ginny’s arrival on the team?
– Technicalities of baseball, who hits, who is in the field, who is baseball?
– How does Amelia fit into this picture? What are her motivations?
– Mike Lawson: love him or hate him?
– What is a manager and general manager?
– Mark Consuelos is a gem. We’re just happy he got work.
– Blip and Evelyn are wonderful humans and Natalie is glad that they she has an early ally in the locker room
– The pacing of the series really sets you right in the middle of things
– Did we see the dad reveal coming? How much is he like Papa Pope?
– Did this change anything about baseball for us?
– The music is SO. GOOD. Put it on a playlist and get PUMPED for your day.
– Favorite Scenes
– Favorite Lines
– 2020 is…a mess, but we were hopeful 100 episodes ago
– We’re all newbiessss!
–Pitch season 1, episode 2, “The Interim”