Manage episode 254304888 series 2496530
Mark Saltmarsh, who is Head of Education and Age Grade Rugby at the RFU, tells us how the "Half a game" rule (HGR) has worked so far, and what have been the challenges.
Mark gives an honest assessment of the current roll-out, with plenty of practical ways to make it work for all clubs.
- The principles behind the rule
- Why have a rule when good coaches should be doing this already
- Some of the main issues that have caused problems: cup games, keen players becoming demotivated
- The role of sanctions
- How conversations before games make it easier to implement
- How HGR is being integrated into courses.
For more resources on HGR go to the RFU website. Click here.