Manage episode 249078932 series 2516306
This week on “Sarajevo Calling”, the boys count down the big political stories of the year while discussing the particular and peculiar culture surrounding the marking of New Year’s Eve in the Western Balkans. And all of this with a spread of musical interludes!
Sarajevo Calling is a podcast about Southeast European affairs, focusing in particular on the contemporary politics of the Western Balkans. Hosted by journalist Aleksandar Brezar and political scientist Jasmin Mujanović, and with graphics provided by Boris Stapić, Sarajevo Calling posts new episodes every two weeks.
We would also like to thank our sound editor Esad Rebihić for making us sound so much better than in real life. Please admire his other work here.
All music used for educational and informative purposes, and rights retained by its respective owners:
- "Da zna zora", trad., peformed by Milan Babić, courtesy of KVZ Digital on behalf of PGP RTS
- "Miljacka", F. Pecikoza/Ž. Joksimović, performed by Halid Bešlić, courtesy of Hayat Production
- "Suada", M. Pavičić/S. Lošić, performed by Plavi Orkestar, licenced to Croatia Records on behalf of SOKOJ/Jugoton
- "Stoj jarane", E. Šadinlija, R. Vasiljević/B. Višnjički, performed by Halid Muslimović, courtesy of HFW and Halid Muslimović
- "Šta će meni više od toga", L.Vukomanović/Ž. Joksimović, performed by Željko Joksimović and Haris Džinović, copyright owned by Minacord and Željko Joksimović
- "Verujem u ljubav", Z. Arsenijević/Š. Šaulić, performed by Šaban Šaulić, licenced to Kontor New Media Music on behalf of Lazarevic Records.