Manage episode 262130392 series 2363289
If you haven't caught up with the latest (and final) season of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power on Netflix, you might want to do so before listening to our latest chat with showrunner Noelle Stevenson. We recently brought you a Season 5 interview with Stevenson to tease the adventures of Adora & co. in this final batch of episodes, along with high praise for star Keston John as the many voices of The Horde. But now, in our continuing series of interviews through our animation-focused podcast Saturday Mourning Cartoons, we chat with Stevenson one last time to break down spoilers from the excellent and emotionally satisfying Season 5.
In this all-too-brief conversation, Stevenson talked about the very special tattoo that she and members of the crew got as a memento of their time on the show and what it means within the lore of She-Ra. We also discussed the many complicated relationships between the characters, be they parent-child dynamics, teacher-student pairings, or romantic entanglements. There's a lot of emotional payoff at the end of She-Ra, something that all five seasons have been building towards, but the crowning achievement of all of this strife and drama is the final resolution for CatrAdora, which plays out beautifully in the finale. Stevenson addresses all of that and more, so we invite you to listen and read along!
Support the Show through Patreon:
Want to find our cohosts online?
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DrClawMD
- Buy the book 'The Science of Breaking Bad' - https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/science-breaking-bad
Sean Paul Ellis
- IG and twitter @seanpaulellis
- Performer at Washington Improv Theater where you can find tickets and times.
- The Bureau podcast: https://tunein.com/podcasts/Comedy-Podcasts/The-Bureau-p1290704/
If you are digging our show and want to help you out, then you can do so in the following ways:
1. Recommend a cartoon to us:
Call us and leave a message at 202-681-4406. If you call then we will 100% review you recommendations if we haven't watched the cartoon yet.
2. Leave a review on iTunes with the following message titled "On the edge of greatness,“ with the review, “Turning darkness to light!"
3. Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SaturdayMourningCartoons/
4. Follow us on twitter @MourningToons
5. Check us out on Instagram @SaturdayMourningCartoons